Over 50 Cincinnati nonprofits gathered at Rhinegeist Brewery in Over-the-Rhine Wednesday night, each one with the hope of winning a championship and a $10,000 grant. Topic Design is sponsoring Brackets For Good in its first year in Cincinnati, and we were honored to be a part of the bracket reveal and Pep Rally event.
Sparking Competition in the Queen City
Brackets For Good bills itself as the only sport for nonprofits. The bracket-style competition scores each dollar donated as a point, and though the winner of each match-up moves on, all participating nonprofits get to keep the contributions.
Though this is the first year of the competition in Cincinnati, there are plenty of causes represented in the field, such as:
- Advancement opportunities for at-risk youth
- BowTie Foundation
- Boys Hope Girls Hope Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Youth Collaborative
- Animal welfare
- Adore-A-Bull Rescue
- League for Animal Welfare
- Pets in Need of Greater Cincinnati
- Arts and music
- Cincinnati Book Arts Society
- Music Resource Center - Cincinnati
- Cancer research and health initiatives
- Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
- Testicular Cancer Society
- Spina Bifida Coalition of Cincinnati
- Combating homelessness
- New Housing Ohio
- Strategies to End Homelessness
- Tender Mercies
- Drug addiction treatment and education
- Drug Free Clubs of America
- Heroin Support
- Education initiatives
- Conductive Learning Center of Greater Cincinnati
- Education Matters
- Literacy Network of Greater Cincinnati
- And more
Topic Takes Charge
Deanna Hengge, our fearless leader, let out a big “Are you ready, Cincinnati?!” to let those in the room know that Brackets For Good has arrived. We took time with attendees to talk about our new event management platform, Topit, which is currently in beta testing and can be used to plan small, personal events and major ones, like Brackets For Good!
Join us in making this event awesome!
We can’t wait for Cincinnati’s community-focused citizens to show their support for a group of such deserving nonprofits. Join us in making this awesome event a success at Brackets For Good!
WANT MORE FROM US?
Stay up to date on all that's happening at topic and have our original content delivered directly to you by signing up for our newsletter!